Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Conversations with yourself

What type of conversations are we having with ourselves? Are they kind? Are they constructive? Are they highly critical? Are they cruel? Are they reassuring? Are they dubious? I wonder because we spend more time conversing with ourselves than we do other people. Most of the time it's internally and other moments it's out loud. I talk to myself a lot, but I must admit that it's not always friendly discourse. This is to say that words are much more that words. They carry weight. Words can be hurtful, but they can also be beneficial and inspirational. It's all about the choice of words and how you arrange them in a sentence. Instead of saying "I'm NOT enough" try saying "I'm MORE than enough." Instead of asking "Why am I such a failure?" try asking "What can I learn from my failures?" It feels much easier to love and accept other people and their imperfections than to pour love and understanding into our own garden. Think about how you speak to yourself. Meditate on it. If it's not positive, then I challenge you to give yourself a fresh start. Now, go on and be kind to yourself!



Love,
Nyasia <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biggie Smalls

Gotcha! You thought this post was about the rapper. Well, you're wrong, folks, but it's all good bay bay baby. Just a friendly remin...