Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Day PSA


Many people agree that Valentine’s Day comes with a lot of pressure to give extravagant gifts and plan the most romantic evening. There’s also the added pressure of finding someone to be your Valentine before the day of love comes knocking on the door. T’was a time in my life that I would agree, but in recent years, my perception of Valentine’s Day has drastically changed. It’s a holiday that doesn’t require grand gestures of love, but rather unpretentious displays of fondness and gratitude. Your Valentine(s) can be loved ones, friends, that kind stranger you see each day, co-workers, and/or yourself. It’s not just a holiday for lovers. I love sending Valentine’s cards to my close relatives, and I absolutely love receiving cards, too. The small things are just big things in disguise, which is what makes them so special. Don’t lose sight of that, folks. I hope each of you accepts love and compassion and aren’t afraid to give it in return.  


Love,
Nyasia

P.S. HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biggie Smalls

Gotcha! You thought this post was about the rapper. Well, you're wrong, folks, but it's all good bay bay baby. Just a friendly remin...