Thursday, October 10, 2019

What does being the best version of yourself mean in the long run?


I struggle with the idea of being the best version of myself. I'm confident that everyone struggles with this notion, but my struggle lies in knowing and understanding what that is. What version of myself is the best? Is it short lived? Does being the best version of myself mean reaching self-acceptance, or does it mean endlessly chasing the concept of perfection? I think that always wanting to be the best version of oneself can almost be equated to the desire of always wanting more. I believe that may be how some people perceive it. Of course, I cannot and will not speak for everyone, but I have heard many people speak about their journey of self-improvement as though its infinite. That's a lot of pressure to place on oneself, in my humble opinion. I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't want to better yourself. I just think that maybe part of being the best version of yourself is loving who you are throughout the journey and maybe knowing when it’s okay to rest. I may have just answered a couple of my own questions! I usually talk myself through writing. It helps me express myself better. This World Mental Health Day take time to learn how to nurture your mind, body, and soul. Remember not to put so much pressure on yourself because life is hard enough as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biggie Smalls

Gotcha! You thought this post was about the rapper. Well, you're wrong, folks, but it's all good bay bay baby. Just a friendly remin...